Friday 8 February 2008

Oom-pah-pah


Oom-pah-pah
Originally uploaded by Ben Mottram

Morgwen is pictured here in her costume for the Oom-Pah-Pah song in Oliver Tiwst.

I used no tripod, just lent against the fridge. The only Post Processing was an auto levels click in Digital Photo Professional - the software for processing RAW files on the CD supplied with the EOS30D.

I am coming around to seeing that RAW + Post Processing can be classed as photography if the touch is light enough.

I like this shot particularly because it illustrates the wonderful sharpness of focus of the "Nifty 50" and also the shallow depth of field achievable at wide apertures.

Is it a good photograph? well I think it is above average. The other two of her on my photostream (1 and 2) are not as good compositionally or just for the "je ne sais quois" not being quite there

No comments: