Sunday 3 February 2008

Sultry


Sultry
Originally uploaded by Ben Mottram

This is yet another picture of Morgwen.

She was waiting for me to fix her laptop, and saw me getting the camera out of the bag. I set the aperture to 1.8 on the Nifty, as you do, set the focus and pressed the shutter release. Nothing happened.

I had left the camera in Timer mode! I moved the camera and then put it back when I realised what had happened. Morgwen raised her eyes to see what the flashing light was and at that moment the shutter released. Hmmm. The result was a really out of focus picture so this one is an attempt to recreate the effect. I think it works.

Learning moment - always put the camera away in single shot mode. Then when I am trying to grab an opportunity the picture will be there in .6s rather than 10.6s...

No comments: